COMPUTERS PROJECTS 2004

First Church in Ovens
                                                                                            by Kieran O'Leary

1796
Flynns Chronicle (newspaper)

Rev. William O Brien, P.P. wrote thanks to John Hawkes of Surmount for donation of a large chapel and suitable yard near Ovens Bridge rent-free forever.

      Built in1831

      Replaced old thatched one

      Seating made by Con Sheehan. Stained glass windows donated by William Bowen Murphy and Daniel Murphy

      Priests house built in 1935

      Renovated in 1985

back

next